William Pitt Ball House (1884)

Name of Owner(s): William Pitt Ball House (1884)
Building Address: 539 Center Road
Year Erected: 1884
Plat/Lot/Sublot: Plat 5 Lot 79

William Pitt Ball House (1884), built by Frank Hayes. A 2 1/2 story dwelling with a full width front porch (which originally nearly encircled the house), double bay window on the west, and large original ell; a 4-story tower on the west destroyed by the 1938 hurricane. Ball (1835-1900) served on the town council and as tax assessor. Mr. and Mrs. Ball built this for their “declining years of life a worthy toil.”  (Historical and Architectural Resources of Block Island, Rhode Island).



Gallery of images for William Pitt Ball House

Leave a Reply