The Woonsocket House is built around the home of Gideon Rose circa 1820. A small cape’s floor joists still exist under building & corner boards. His son A.J. Rose build the Woonsocket House in 1871 around the original homestead once the breakwater was built.
The small cottage was substantially enlarged, probably just before it opened as a boarding house in the summer of 1871.